How to Set the Plus/Minus Offset Duplex Setting for Repeater Use in Baofeng UV-5R
This is part of a series of posts that hopefully will save people a bunch of time.
How to Set the Plus/Minus (+/-) Offset Duplex for Repeater Use in Baofeng UV-5R
Important note: if you wait more than 9 seconds between any step below it will automatically go back to home screen and you have to start again, so work those fingers, baby!
- Press Menu button
- Press 25 on keypad. This will bring you to the section of menu where you can edit whether duplex is + or – (default is 600 by the way).
- Press menu button again. This means “I am now editing this part of the menu”. You’ll see a little arrow appear if you have options to see by using the arrow keys. In this case, a menu will appear because you can toggle between + , – and blank
- Toggle with up/down arrows to the setting you want.
- Press Menu again. This means “I am now saving the settings I edited in step 4. If the voice audio is on you will hear ‘confirm’ which means victory
- Press ‘exit’ to get back to the home screen or just wait the 9 seconds or more and it will go there for you automatically
Done! You’ve got your offset duplex thing all set.
Go to this page for more tutorials as I write them:
RANDOM BAOFENG UV-5R TUTORIALS