This is part of a series of posts that hopefully will save people a bunch of time.
How to Set the Tone for Repeater Use in Baofeng UV-5R
Important note: if you wait more than 9 seconds between any step below it will automatically go back to home screen and you have to start again, so work those fingers, baby!
- Press Menu button
- Press 13 on keypad (T-CTCS). This will bring you to the section of menu where you can edit the tone frequency which will get you into repeaters.
- Press menu button again. This means “I am now editing this part of the menu”. You’ll see a little arrow appear if you have options to see by using the arrow keys. In this case, a menu will appear because you can toggle between all the tone options.
- Toggle with up/down arrows to the setting you want. You can either press the button repeatedly, or press and hold which will turbo-speed you through the frequencies.
- Press Menu again. This means “I am now saving the settings I edited in step 4. If the voice audio is on you will hear ‘confirm’ which means victory
- Press ‘exit’ to get back to the home screen or just wait the 9 seconds or more and it will go there for you automatically
Note for this setting: You will *not* see any indication on your home screen that you have a tone on until you transmit. When you transmit you will then see a CT lettering appear which means you got the tone saved successfully.
Done! You’ve got your tone thingy all set.
Now, you need my tutorial page below to figure out how to remove that little gaffer because it ain’t that simple!
Go to this page for more tutorials as I write them:
RANDOM BAOFENG UV-5R TUTORIALS