This is part of a series of posts that hopefully will save people a bunch of time.
How to Delete or Remove the Tone for Repeater Use in Baofeng UV-5R
Important note: if you wait more than 9 seconds between any step below it will automatically go back to home screen and you have to start again, so work those fingers, baby!
- Press Menu button
- Press 13 on keypad (T-CTCS). This will bring you to the section of menu where you can edit the tone frequency which will get you into repeaters.
- Press menu button again. This means “I am now editing this part of the menu”. You’ll see a little arrow appear if you have options to see by using the arrow keys. In this case, a menu will appear because you can toggle between all the tone options.
- Toggle with up/down arrows to the setting you want. You can either press the button repeatedly, or press and hold which will turbo-speed you through the frequencies, but what you need to do is get to *one step above 254HZ* or *one step below 67HZ* which will show the ‘OFF” option.
- Press Menu again. This means “I am now saving the settings I edited in step 4. If the voice audio is on you will hear ‘confirm’ which means victory
- Press ‘exit’ to get back to the home screen or just wait the 9 seconds or more and it will go there for you automatically
Note for this setting: You will *not* see any indication on your home screen that you have no tone on until you transmit. When you transmit you will *NOT* see CT lettering appear which means you successfully deleted/removed the tone.
Done! You’ve got rid your tone thingy.
Go to this page for more tutorials as I write them:
RANDOM BAOFENG UV-5R TUTORIALS